Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Maria, Blanka and the Temple


The teaching is coming along well! One day I just kinda told myself to get over the fact that I cant speak perfect yet that I wont ever get perfect if I don't try and so I talked! And it made teaching so much easier!
As for baptisms, We have two investigators that are probably going to be baptized hopefully by the end of this change! Maria Guatilupe is one of our investigators. Her 16 year old son was baptized like two years ago but now is having problems with drugs and stuff so were trying to help them out. And another named Blanka Neli. She has been progressing really well but the only problem is she left for Texas for a couple weeks because she had to deal with some papers because her husband died there. But when she gets back she still has to attend church another 4 times!
This Wednesday in the temple was honestly the most spiritual experience in my life. Ive never felt so amazing. It was pretty much impossible to leave the room. With that one feeling that I had in the celestial room instantly every single doubt, question or anything like that instantly melted away. I know that this church is the only church that has the authority to help others return to live with God and their families again. I hope that I get the opportunity to walk through with an Investigator once day!
I love you all like crazy!
Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment