Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Alan's Baptism

Hey Everyone!

So another week in Mexico! Things are great! I really am enjoying my time that I'm spending here!

This Friday was the baptism of Alan it was such an amazing experience! We have visited him and his family a few times this week and there is such a big difference between when I first met them and now! They re so much happier! Also we have been meeting with this couple names Junior and Monserat. They have been living together for 4 years and have 3 kids and one on the way. We have been working with them trying to get them to be married. I don't get why its so hard for people to do it here but people have been living together for a good 15 years but don't want to get married it drives me nuts! But anyways they told us they set a date for the 27th of December to be married! Im so happy for them! Were meeting with them today and are planning on asking them to be baptized the same day because they cant be baptized without being married. Well junior is already a member but Monserat no. Im so excited! 

This Monday night Elder Diaz and I had a pretty deep talk and things have been so much better between us! We talked about what we need help with and I told him how its been hard for me to put my personality into Spanish because Im always focusing on the words. He ended up giving me a blessing and it was an experience that I dont think I will ever forget. Since then I have noticed such a difference about how I feel during lesions and how much easier it is to speak! 

So we were in the house of a member the other day and we honestly met Michael Jackson's biggest fan! He is 6 years old and he spends the majority of the day searching YouTube for just dance videos he can follow to dance like him! Not only that but he dresses up like him in each song with a black shirt tie hat and all! Hes dang good too! I wish I would have recorded it! 

Thats about all I hope all is well!

Elder Ahlmer

Alan's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment