Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Transfers - San Pedro

Hello everyone!

So this week has been pretty noteworthy! So even though I was positive I wasn't going to change I was wrong. I am now in the Area La Fama A in San Pedro! Its one of the richest areas in Mexico! It's not Sierra Madre which is right by our area but it kicks my old area out of the park. There's only one downside, Its in the mountains and I honestly have never seen more steep hills in my life! Ill have legs of steel by the time Im done here! My new companion is named Elder Diaz. He is from Uruguay and this is his last change of his mission. He's an awesome guys and I know that I can learn a lot form him. The only problem is that since he is so close to being home he's pretty trunky (lazy). He doesn't like to do much. And being in a new area its kinda hard to plan by myself so the first few days were full of quite a bit of contacting! Oh and one of the weirdest things happened! The first day I was here I was homesick but not for home. For my other area! Not that this area is less cool or anything but I miss the members that I knew for 12 weeks and investigators and my old comp that actually worked...

Elder Diaz honestly speaks a good three words of english and I love it because I have learned so much already! At times its hard to explain things and trying to quote movies forget it! We don't talk about home ever because our lives were so different and thats nice keeps me more focused. Things have already gotten a little tense between us as we plan for the next day and when I have to drag him around everywhere but we get over it! At times he has a hard time paying attention during lessons so Im really learning how to teach now! Its helped my Spanish a ton but It still would be nice if I could get him to contribute a little more… He's sick right now at the house and Im on devisions with a member. 

Okay the new area is pretty sweet! Our new house has an awesome view and the sunrise is so sweet every morning! But even more importantly we have a heater! So I don't spend all night trying to survive! The past few days have been crazy hot though! I really cant believe that its December! Yesterday Im sure mom was running around the house singing "December 1st is here at last and Christmas soon will be here." Cant say I don't miss that! 

So this week Ive been hitting the Area book pretty hard trying to find something to do and we came across a non active family that we have been working with to activate. They have a 9 year old boy named Alan that since he came last week and has been a bunch of times were going to baptize him this next Sunday! Not only that but their daughter who has 18 years wants to serve a mission now. We are doing all we can to keep them going strong in the church. We have had some amazing lessons with them and I know that we can keep them going strong in the church this change! Yesterday was an open house for the temple and we all as a ward rented a big bus and went it was a crazy cool experience and we got to bring Alan and his family and a couple investigators! Things are really moving along in this area! 

So this Sunday I met a Returned Missionary that just got back from Uruguay and guess what! He was the trainer of Elder England! Small world! I was so shocked when he said his name I didn't really know what to do! His mom is a Mama Gilleta so she gives us food like no other! Its like she's trying to make me fat! But also with my sick comp I got to experience some of her natural medicine stuff.... She like shakes his legs and asks questions and uses her arms for answers it's the weirdest thing ever! Then she taped a bunch of chi balancers (magnets) on my comp and kept on moving them around for like an hour… It was pretty weird but I guess Ill have to see how my comp is by tomorrow… 

Well, thats all for now! 

Elder Ahlmer

New Companion - Elder Diaz

Elder Maldonaldo and Frost
Elder England's Trainer Elder Marroquin - Small World

No comments:

Post a Comment