Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Sleep Walking Again

Hey everyone! 

This week has been pretty great I really like my new area! My companion and I are getting along good and working hard. He has this crazy obsession with dogs it's a little freaky to be honest. Like he actually bits them and sniffs them like he's a dog... its funny because Elder Camagra our Zone Leader is terrified of dogs, like he won't even let them get near him! The weather has been really crazy like from Thursday it was honesty 32 Celsius and Friday it was 8 Celsius, We went to bed with the AC on and woke up as blocks of ice. 

Also, this week I started sleepwalking again. This Tuesday I woke up at midnight and woke up Elder Diaz (because I always have to wake him up) but this time I did it in my sleep and we didn't notice that it was actually 1 in the morning until after both of us had exercised, showered, shaved and gotten dressed... I don't know how he didn't kill me for that but luckily we spent a good half hour laughing after we got back into bed. We were pretty tired that next day!

They also have a crazy tradition here that if you add up the numbers on your bus tickets and they equal 21, you can turn to any girl and they will give you a kiss. So whenever we get onto a bus we all look at our tickets to see if anyone got lucky. I don't know why we do it because it's not like we can actually turn them in! 

Today we had a District activity. We climbed the Huasteca. It was crazy cool and so much fun! It was crazy to be outside of the big city for the first time in 3 months! I'll try and send some pictures! 

The baptism with Alan fell through because he got cold feet but we met with him and set a new date for this Friday.  I'll make sure and let ya know what happens!

Elder Ahlmer

The District


Monterrey 
District On a Hike to Huasteca

Elder Gonzalez


Hiked Huasteca 
Holding up the Mountain

Look Savannah, I have a frog!



No comments:

Post a Comment