Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Elder Sleep Walker"


Okay great! Well week two down and it's been quite the week!! All the older districts left yesterday and it's so weird!! We don't have anyone to turn to for advice but I guess we'll be giving the advice from now on! My Spanish is really coming along! I'm already so excited to go out into the field even though I can hardly say what I'm thinking!! I hope Sam's doing well with her holes in her mouth! Did you guys get my postcards? You better tell Bridger to be looking after the girls especially Savannah!! I want to hear the story!! I really encourage you all this Monday or even today to go and look up the talk Characters of Christ I think it's by elder Anderson but I'm not sure about that. It literally has changed everything!! The way I think the way I act and the way I look at others! I hope I never forget that talk and always turn outward!! Fast Sunday was a tough day for me. We all know how I get when I don't eat food! Being around other people 24/7 is a lot harder than I would ever have thought! It can get a little annoying at times but my companion and I get along okay. He's just really slow going places... he takes a while to pack up and get ready and it drives me crazy at times but I've learned to let it go and do anything I can to help him be on time. The food here was good the first week but I really miss moms cooking!! I know that I'm here for a reason and God is letting me know it every day. I start each day with a specific question and so far during that day it has been answered. I know that this wont always be the case but as for right now I know this hasn't changed. I knwo he hears and answers our prayers and he's just dying to give us blessings all we have to do is ask! Everyone always says you pray sooo much on your mission which is true and I prepared myself for that but what I wasn't ready for was the number of songs we sing!!! We sing four opening songs before each devotional or fireside. One song to start off each class or study session. And yes mom I njoined the chior.... This doesn't make me a singer though!!!! You didn't win ;)! I love you all so much!!
 Elder Ahlmer

Elders Knard and Lockwood Kanard left monday I'm going to miss him like crazy! Green eyed Sister Southwick


Kanard

Sister Southwick
Elder Lockwood from Liberty UT
August 4  FUNNY STORY,
Letter from Elder Clark to his family about Elder Ahlmer.  They live in Draper and know a friend of ours:

Elder Lockwood and I share a room with Elder Ahlmer and Elder Ward.  Elder Ahlmer told us the first night, "Hey my Mom said to tell you that I need a bottom bunk because I sleep walk."  um - okay?  should I be scared?! haha pretty strange words, but so true.  on the second night at around 1:00 am I was woken up by the sound of a knock on the door.  "what in the world?"  I got out of bed, expected to see the police or even worse the branch president telling us that we have committed some sin, but it was neither.  It was Elder Ahlmer.  Apparently he had woken up under the pull up bar and didn't have his key to come back in.  Now we make him sleep with a key tied to his pajamas.

And the next night he exploded out of bed also around 1am and grabbed the alarm clock.  "Elder Ahlmer," I said, "what are you doing man?" He startled and woke up at my words, dropping the alarm clock on the desk with a loud band in the room, "I was trying to turn off the alarm clock, but it wasn't ringing was it." He knew the answer, "nope it wasn't."  Similar things have happened with him a couple of times, and Elder Ward and I have been thinking out some kind of booby trap system.  But its all good fun and it gives us something to laugh about the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment