Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Well this is it

Well this is it....

I cant believe that the time has come. This has been the most amazing
experience of my life but surely not my last. I know that this is not
the end of my journey. I still have much to learn and much to do. I am
so grateful that I have had the opportunity to be a representative of
Jesus Christ over these past two years. They have been full of moments
that I will never forget. People I have met, lessons learned both the
easy and hard way. I am so grateful for all of it. I am positive that
there could have not been any other place on the earth that I should
have spent these last two years of my life. They have changed me
forever. I never plan on going back to the way that things were. The
person that the lord has molded me to become is here to stay.

During my time here I have learned how to recognize and follow the
guidance of the Holy Spirit. I know that God literally guides us when
we are in need and willing to listen and follow his councils. Many
times we don't understand why we were directed in the path that God
has shown until we follow with faith. Looking back on it the most
spiritual moments of my life have been a result of following his
guide, even when I didn't exactly understand why.

I know that God blesses those who serve him with love. You can feel it
in the people who really understand the gospel and serve with their
hearts (Moroni 7:5-9).  I know that the only true and lasting joy that
we can experience in this life is through serving God with all our
heart, might, mind, and strength.

I know that my time as a missionary has not ended and never will. I
know there are still many people that are searching for the peace and
love that God offers us as we reach out to him.

I know that God lives and loves us. He sent his son to bring us back
to him. I have no doubt in my mind that Joseph Smith is a true prophet
of God. He saw God and Jesus Christ and was commanded by them to
reestablish his church here on earth. And because of that we all may
live with God again with our families.

I am so grateful for all of the support that you all have given me!
Your letters have helped lift me up when things were hard. You are all
welcome to my homecoming this Sunday the 12th of July at 11. The
address is 12300 south 650 east! i hope to see you all there! Please
confirm that you are going to go with my mom 9706831422.

See you all on Wednesday!

Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment