Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Closing Interview with Mission President

Hi everyone!

This week has been amazing! I have been learning so much over these
past few weeks. I have seen miracles and received so many answers to
my prayers. I know that the lord has been blessing my companion and I
so much. I am grateful for all of your prayers and emails that you
have sent me.

This week has been really exciting. Well first off our mission
president leaves the 30th of June but he still was able to do my exit
interview which was pretty different ha ha. I never though this moment
would come. We talked a lot about goals to put for after the mission
and what I need to do to continue progressing thought my life. I am so
grateful for all of his councils and for all that he has done to help
me grow over these last two years.

During this last week we met someone that went to church last year for
over three months but never was baptized and we have been helping him
gain a testimony of the gospel to be baptized the 5th of July. As well
we have been teaching Facundo he has been progressing very well.
Actually he has been to church over 10 times but we could never find
him in his house. We tried to find him like 40 times in the past few
weeks but nothing. We fasted and well we have found him in his house
ever since! We are teaching him and as well as Pablo he is preparing
to be baptized the 5th of July!

I am so grateful for this time that God has given me to learn and
progress. I know I still have much to learn and these next few weeks I
will be doing my best to learn all that I can!


Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment