Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Tough Honduras Companion

Hey everyone!

This week has been sooo different from all the other weeks of my mission. Well to start off im on bike and thats well weird and it hurts like crazy. My legs have been on fire all week long. I guess imfinally getting payback for never kicking well in swimming.... But the worst part is the mud when It rains. Its impossible to stay clean... when we ride bikes the mud gets shot up all over our face legs and back.... Its awkward but part of the life! Its interesting meeting all the new people and trying to remember who they are. Its pretty funny because during the last weeks in Estanzuela I was praying to have a bigger area because it was really small and now I have one of the biggest in the mission! 

My companion is really different. Well i think this change will be a big test of patience... He reminds me a lot of Elder Diaz who tells a lot of fake stories and well doesnt want to work. But at least he wasnt angry all the time. My companion is a little bipolar and scares me a bit to try and correct him in something that needs to change. I will be praying and working pretty hard to get along well with him. But this will be interesting. 

The district is a lot bigger than last change and that is pretty exciting. We now have 11. The district meetings are fun but we have to take an hour long bus ride to get to where all the other missionaries are. 

Thats about all I amloving my time here and I hope everyone has an awesome week! And that snow starts falling there! 
Elder Ahlmer

Oh yeah my companion is Elder Pavon and he is from Honduras

No comments:

Post a Comment