Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Tamas, not good - Moving to Montemorelos

Hey everyone!

This week was good. Well first off I think I was cursed for celebrating thanksgiving in mexico because well the tama that I showed you guys got me pretty sick... It along with all the other things with chili that I have been eating gave me gastritis.. I dont know what its called in english but its a pretty common thing here. So Sunday monday and tuesday It hurt pretty bad but once we figured out what it was I get the medicine and now it doesnt really hurt! I have to be really careful of what I eat for the next 4 weeks or it can get worse but other than that Im basically normal! 

So they changed the way that they do transfers now and they told us last night that I am going to be sent to Montemorelos a little town on the outskirts of Monterrey! Im so excited to be in a little town. And this means that I get to go out on bike! I am going to miss estanzuela so much I learned so much here. I have made some great friends here and I dont think Ill ever be able to forget climbing uphill and downhill all day long! Last night we went to the Christmas devotional I liked it a lot! But afterwards we ate hot chocolate and bread as a ward and It was pretty hard to say goodbye to all of them! 6 months is a long time! It was really hard saying goodbye to maria and her family. She has gone through so much and is still doing everything that she should. I have learned so much about faith with her. 

I hope you have an amazing week I heard a lot about finals good luck everyone!
Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment