Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Elder Lopez from Sonora

So this week ha been Really hard and awesome at the same time! I was changed to the areaEstanzuela B. Which is where the temple is at! Thats a solid upside! (If Im lacking letters in my typing its because I have to basically break my fingers the keyboard is so stiff) So I am training a new companion named Elder Lopez from sonora as well. Hes way cool I forgot my memory card so Ill send pictures next week! 

So my new area. We are both crazy lost because we got there new and that means a lot of walking.Thats not too bad right well wrong now I live on another mountain so everything we do is either going up or down and its a solid leg workout. Im about 500% positive that I am going to lose a lot of weight in this area because we are just starting to get into the hottest part of the year! YIKES! We have been working crazy hard but starting up a new area takes some time.

During this week we met one of the coolest families ever! Maria de Socorro and her 6 kids! They live at the highest part of our area and I honestly have no idea how we found her house because we walking around lost for a while. I know that the lord had his hand in finding them and us getting lost because when we finally found her house she had just barely entered in! She loves what we are teaching and has put a baptism date for the 20th of July. I feel the spirit so strong while we teach her its amazing! She has so much faith. She loved church this Sunday as well! 

So our new branch is a little interesting. I hope that its because Mexico played in the world cup at 11 yesterday that only 30 people went to church and 10 more left at 10 to go watch the game including our branch president... Yeah that was interesting. Theres a lot to do here. Our branch is pretty cold and I honestly didn't feel too welcome there. Hopefully we can turn things around!

Well I hope all is well! 
Elder Ahlmer











No comments:

Post a Comment