Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Gardenia and Ezequiel - The Tellez Family

Hey everyone!

So it has been brought to my attention that I have been slacking on my emails lately. I guess Its time I give you the update about whats been happening these past few weeks. So I am still in hidalgo with elder quintero but we have changes tonight and we both think that i am going to leave which is a pretty weird thought for me. I have been in this ward for 7 and a half months now and honestly feel super comfortable with the members and area. I have some amazing friends here and really wouldnt mind staying for another change. As of right now we have been teaching four people that are getting ready to be baptized!

First Gardenia and her two boys Mauricio and Willy ( her other boy is Useal but hes too young to be baptized), Gardenia is so cool. One day while we were walking by her tostada stand she yelled at us to come over and we got to know her a bit and she is really col. She is a single mom of three boys and lived in Spokane Washington for 6 years. While she lived there she listened to the missionaries and went to church two times and her cousin got baptized. She has now been to church 4 times and this next Sunday if everything goes to plan will get baptized! Im so excited for her its crazy but I feel a little sad that I wont be able to be there for her baptism. We told her yesterday about the changes and she wasnt too excited about that. She asked for President Swapps number to call him about the matter. But the good thing is that she will now be in the church and be able to raise her three boys in the church. She has taught me so much about the importance of working hard. She works everyday except Wednesday from 11 to 7 in the night and goes home to cook and help her sons with her homework. This last Sunday her sister in law kicked her out of the house and she had to find a new place to live. She hasnt told us yet but its pretty possible that its because she wants to be baptized. I honestly cant believe how awesome she is! 

Then theres Ezequiel, Hes also super cool. Hes from Veracruz but came here to work and is planning on bringing his family here. We met him and he told us that with the change of city hes looking to change his life and start following God. He has now been to church three times and is planning on being baptized the 6th of July. He loves the church so much he goes to English classes every Thursday and just sits and talks to us about the gospel. He even quit his job to find a job here that lets him have Sundays off! He has so much faith he has really taught me so much about whats the most important. 

As for my companion. We get along well and have some great times but I guess we never really clicked like Elder Quiej and I did. We never had days where we just didnt stop talking and laughing. Or stay up all night doing stupid things. I hope with my new companion I will be able to click with him! 

Heres some pictures of Gardenia and Ezequiel! The Tellez family!




No comments:

Post a Comment