Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sacred Time

This week in Lincoln has been great!

We have been working a lot with Celestino who will be baptized this
Saturday. This Sunday his member girlfriend from Georgia came to visit
him and she has been helping him a lot to understand and live the
gospel. He cant read very well so she has been reading to him a lot.
She has been a member for almost 30 years. He is really excited and so
are we!

With Milagros Edwardo Mirna and Ricardo we are going to the Judges
office this Wednesday and we are going to turn in the paperwork and
then put an official date on the wedding! They are progressing really
well and I am so grateful to be able to help them.

Over these past months my testimony has been strengthened so much in
trusting in the lord and his timing. I know that we are always on his
mind and that he wants so much to give us all that we want when we
want it but he knows what we need and when we need it. I know that he


will never do anything to hurt us only to strengthen us if we support
our trials with faith. i am so grateful to be a missionary and that I
have been able to serve him for the last 21 months of my life and I
plan on giving him my all these last few months I have left. I know
the time I have here is sacred and I cant afford to waist one minute.

Have an amazing week!
Elder Ahlmer






No comments:

Post a Comment