Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Ricardo Ricardo

Hey Everyone,
So this week was pretty exciting. Well we have been teaching a dad and his
son both named Ricardo for a few weeks and this Sunday they cam with us to
Church and loved it. One of the coolest things was that Ricardo jr who is 15
years old came out with us to visit people. It was an amazing experience for
him but also for us. He loved teaching people what he had learned and felt
over the past few weeks that we had been visiting them. He helped out a lot
of older members remember their own conversion. He has called us everyday
since asking when he can come out with us again. That made me feel so good
and reminded me of how I felt when I first started the mission. He kept on
telling people he is so excited to get baptized in three weeks and then in
three years he will leave on a mission as well.

Well today are changes again and I think they are going to send me to a new
part. I am pretty excited to get to know other people.

I heard about Tom. I wish so much that I could be there for you guys. I love
you all so much he was an amazing uncle. This is why we have the gospel
after all to be able to live as a family forever. Ill be praying for you
all.

Love
Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment