Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Comp is my Comp

Hey!

So this week has been good! It was a lot warmer actually I got sunburned... shocker right. Its a lot better in the heat because people actually get out of bed and leave their house when its warm outside. So its a lot easier to find new people to teach. My comp well is my comp but things are alright at least today are changes so we probably wont be companions anymore. I have learned a lot about myself this change and I feel like I have grown. This change has really showed me the real reason why I am here and for that I am grateful. I hope everything is going good up north! From what I have heard things are going great!

Love 
Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment