Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Foundation Dig and Life Changes

Hey everyone! 

So this week has been pretty crazy! Well really really hot! So we have been in the canicula or the 60 days that will light your hair on fire from pure heat so yeah... Na I love it. We are having so much fun here in Estanzuela. So first things first some traditions that drive me crazy here.... They wont give you cold water because they say it will kill you. They tell you if you go into a store that has AC after being outside you ll get crazy sick... and die. and the countless ghost stories that I honestly dont know how to respond too.... Gotta love culture differences here! 

This past year and a little more in Mexico has changed me a quite a bit and if you really know me youll understand whatIm saying when I give some examples. I know I love Peanut butter like soo much, I also can't eat enough salad, I learned how to snap about 2 weeks ago and the list keeps going on. But the real difference is spiritual I can not believe how much I have learned about the nature of God during this past year and how much I still need to learn. I love God with all my heart and I know exactly who I am and who I can become if I do my part. I testify that Jesus is our Savior, He is resurrected and because he was so prefect we all will resurrect. I am eternally grateful for all of the love God gives each and every one of us. Our purpose here in the earth is to have a family not just for this life but for the eternity.

Thank you all for your support and love. I love hearing about whats going on up there!

This week we did some crazy service project! We dug out a foundation for a house of some members! It was so hard and it was all rock. I can't believe that everyone that lives up where this hermano lives has to do this for their house because there isn't a street! 


No comments:

Post a Comment