Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, July 14, 2014

God Work

Hey everyone! 

So this week was amazing I have been so highly blessed I cant believe it! I honestly have been watching God work miracles everyday. I think It finally clicked this week that I need to be searching but they are there! I love the branch that Im in even though their a little lazy at times! I have gotten to know some of the biggest examples I have ever seen. 
Hermano Santana he is 84 and was a mission president. He has one of the most powerful testimonies that I have ever seen in my life. He loves the lord with all his heart and I look u to hi for everything! 

And Maria del Socorro! Shes getting baptized this week with her two sons! Im so excited for her she is amazing! She is such an example to all and I know that she will be able to help us get the branch excited to start working! She has been talking with friends and family and so many have started to progress! She is a true example to all about how the lord can bless your life by helping others! 

Have an amazing week!
Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment