Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Dad's Birthday

Hey dad! 

So first off Happy birthday! I cant believe you are already 28! You've grown up soooo fast! I miss ya so much and love you to peaces! I cant wait to see you the 11th! I swear all the time I start thinking about Gannett peak. That was one of the coolest experiences I ever and I will never forget that trip staying in that tiny tent with you! Or all the time we spend riding dirt bikes! I am so grateful to have a dad as amazing as you that taught me right the things that I need to do! I have an amazing example that is always there for me! The mission is hard real hard but I know that its possible and will bless my life more than I can understand. If serving here in Mexico for two years is what I need to do to become more like you. You best believe Ill give it all Ive got! I want a family like the family that I have been raised in and I now know that only through this gospel families can be forever. Thank you so much for your example to me I love you more than anything and wish you a very happy birthday! 
Love,
Elder Ahlmer


No comments:

Post a Comment