Mission Detail

The church has been in the Monterrey Area since 1922 but as you can imagine if you know the history of Mexico, the first 20 years were rocky. Religious persecutions of all kinds took place beginning in the late 1920′s. It wasn’t until the 1950′s that the first district was organized here. Our actual mission, the Mexico Monterrey West Mission was formed in 1994.

Our mission consists of twelve stakes and two districts. In Monterrey, which is in the state of Nuevo Leon, the mission includes six stakes. The rest of the stakes are in the state of Coahuila. Three stakes are in Saltillo. Two stakes are in Monclova. Piedras Negras has one stake with the two districts about an hour away from it to the south Nueva Rosita and to the northwest Acuña. Both Acuña and Piedras Negras are border towns with Texas.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Eating Cereal

Hey everyone! 

So this week has been pretty awesome! Today is the last day of the mission of Elder Diaz. So we get to travel around to his old areas and visit people! Its pretty fun but seeing him leave the people probably for the last time is pretty weird. Its made me realize that the mission really does end. Thats like one of the weirdest feelings for me. I really love being here  I don't think leaving sounds too fun! I guess I better enjoy the next 19 months! Theres only one downside. Everything Elder Diaz does is his last time he will do it. So he tries to give me a good 30 minute lecture on everything like how to eat cereal correcty... It drives me a little cazy but hey what can ya do! Im pretty excited and nervous to see who my new companion will be! 

So I was sick again this week and I've noticed that when your sick everybody and their dog tries to give you all these pills! One hermana in our ward tried to give me a good 20 pills! New years was way fun The fireworks here are just crazy crazy crazy loud! Its pretty cool but theres all these stupid little kids that run around with little m80s and throw them at people as they walk by! Thatll test you paticence! 

Happy new years!
Elder Ahlmer

No comments:

Post a Comment